Q. Why am I getting frequent, hard and painful bumps in breast?

Published on Jun 02, 2016

I keep getting these bumps on my breast that turn red, then get hard and very painful. After a few days they burst and drain yellowish fluid mixed with blood. Then I am left with a big hole that will heal and scar. I have had this happen a few times over the years. But, recently it has become very frequent. I just had one last week and I am already getting another one starting.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• You are experiencing follicular bacterial infections called folliculitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • These are common in areas of high moisture content, especially in the armpit region and under the breast or seen in women wearing linen or non-cotton brassiere which can cause poor circulation of air and also cause local frictional lesions.
  • Also the presence of hair follicles over the breast, when exposed to increased sebum and moisture can get infected easily leading to pustule formation (pus filled bump), which is painful and bursts releasing pus and then healing with a scar.
  • These are most commonly seen in summer.
  • I suggest you to apply local antibiotic cream like Mupirocin over each separately for three days and you shall prevent its spread. Consult your PCP and get the prescription for this.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Does masturbating without lubricant result in a bump on the penis?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 23 year old male and in good health. The last time I was sexually active was over two months ago, and after that, I usually would masturbate two to three times a day with no lubricant. I developed a small bump under the head of my penis. So, I looked up online and it was all HPV ...  Read Full »

There is a hole below my stomach with smelly pus discharging. Help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a hole underneath my stomach and it is discharging smelly pus every day. It burst two months ago. It is painful and smelly. Help me.  Read Full »

I get red cysts on my face. Is it acne or rosacea?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am 6'1" tall and I weigh 170 pounds. Often, I get red cysts of some sort on my face beneath the skin that take a while to heal. I have oily skin, and get whiteheads as well. I have fluid-filled boil-like lesions on my face. I have been to a few dermatologist...  Read Full »