Q. There are small red and white painless dots on my foreskin. What to do?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti
Published on May 20, 2017

I have a personal question regarding my foreskin. There are small round red and white painless spots there, and it does not cause any pain whatsoever. I wanted to know is it something I should be worried about?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Preventive Medicine Venereology
#

• Please send clear photos of lesions and details for clarification.
  • Please send the following details.
  1. How long are you having these spots?
  2. Is there any intercourse history? If yes, then please give your partner's history.
  3. Do you have symptoms like pain, itching, etc.?
  4. Do you have any other lesion? Or any other disease?
  5. Have you done any tests? Did you take any treatment?
  6. Is it recurrent?
  7. Do you have any inguinal region swelling?

Revert with more information to a community medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/community-medicine-physician

Thank you for replying. I have these spots from around a month. I have never had sex, as I am still a virgin. I do not have any symptoms, it does not pain, itch or burn when I touch. I do not have any other lesions. Neither do I have any other disease, I am just overweight. I am not under any treatment, and it is the first time that I am getting these spots. And I do not have an inguinal swelling.

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

#

Thank you for the follow-up query.

Are you able to retract the foreskin? If yes, then it is a good sign.

Otherwise, if it is difficult or not retractable, then consult your doctor for examination and management. It may be phimosis, for which a simple procedure like slitting or circumcision may be needed.

In either of the situation, I suggest you try doing the following.

1. Clean the area with warm water twice daily.
  2. I suggest applying a topical antifungal cream like Clotrimazole (Candid).
  3. Wear loose cotton inner wears.

For further queries consult a community medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/community-medicine-physician

Thank you for replying. Yes, I am able to retract my foreskin easily with no pain. Do I still need to visit any doctor for examination? What is that white or red patch on my penis? I have sent a photo. Is it an infection or STD? Can it be caused by the friction during masturbation? Can you give me the name of the ointment that I should apply? How many times a day should I use the cream? Is it something serious or will it go away in some time if proper hygiene is maintained? 

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

#

Thank you for the follow-up query. I have seen the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It is not a serious issue. If you never had intercourse, then there is no chance of STDs. Masturbation does not cause STDs.
  • It may be due to irritation or friction or fungal infection. So, maintain hygiene, clean the area with warm water twice daily. Apply topical antifungal cream like Clotrimazole (Candid) cream.
  • Consult your doctor for examination if it does not subside.

For more information consult a community medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/community-medicine-physician

Thanks for relieving my worries by saying it is nothing serious. Should I avoid masturbation till this is cured? Can I apply that cream on it directly? Is it safe for use on penis? How much cream should I apply and how many times? Would you suggest any other tablets for the same? Thank you once again.

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

#

Thank you for the follow-up query.

• Reduce the frequency of masturbation. Avoid too much force or friction.
  • Yes, you can apply directly in the area such that it forms a thin water like film, twice daily. For now, no tablet is required.

Why does my penis go flaccid right before ejaculation?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a minor bike accident four years back. A couple of days later, I realized that I was not getting erections. I consulted a urologist and was diagnosed with ED and was administered medicine (in sachets) to be emptied into a glass of water and consumed. That brought back interest in...  Read Full »

Can you get STD if your partner has never had sex before?

Query: Hello doctor, My question is that if one has sex with a partner who has never had sex before, not using a condom, can he or she still get HIV/HPV or any STDS.  Read Full »

I have no STD symptoms. Should I still get tested before I meet my wife?

Query: Hello doctor,Due to work, I have been away from my wife for more than two years. I had a few sexual encounters with sex workers here. I had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex twice last year, protected oral sex and protected vaginal sex once last year, unprotected oral sex and protected ...  Read Full »

Ask a Community Medicine Physician Now