Q. What to do for freckles that developed overnight?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 18, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 02, 2020

I have developed some brown patches and freckle like spots on my left hand overnight. I went to bed last night with a new light brown freckle on the palm of my hand and woke up this morning to it being darker and there being more freckles and patches. There are a couple of patches on my ring finger and it looks like a stain. The brown spots seem to have become darker over the day and a couple more have appeared. What do you think this could be? As far as I am aware, I have not been exposed to anything. Thank you.

#

• These are not freckles according to the duration of appearance (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Freckles do not come overnight.
  • There are only two possibilities. One is insect bite reaction and the second one is purpura.
  • It is looking like blood collection below skin, which is called as purpura.
  • If you feel it is itching, then it could be an insect bite.
  • If it is increasing then you should go to GP and get bleeding, clotting time and evaluate everything.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|