Q. What medicine should I take for yeast infection?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have two small sores on my penis head, probably yeast infection. What medicine should I take? I have tried using Cloben G for the same. But, I did not get relief. Please give some advice.

#

• Do not apply Clobetasol over the glans. Please send the good quality photographs taken in a natural light.
  • Also, do tell me about the complaint in them? How long it has been there?
  • What is your age? Do you have any history of sexual exposure? If yes, then please share the details.

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I am 38 years of age. It started as a small pimple like thing on the glans, now I have one below the glans as well. I can see the skin peeled off where the first pimple had appeared and watery liquid comes out of this. I had sex with my wife a week ago and did not have sex after I got this problem. I have this problem since one week. Can I apply Candid B on this? Kindly advice.

#

• I told you to upload photographs; I am really helpless without watching the lesion.
  • You have already distorted the normal course of disease by applying Clobetasol. So, please do not apply anything without consulting a dermatologist.

Revert back with the photographs to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Kindly find the attached photographs. Kindly advice the medicine or any home remedy, if required.

#

• You are suffering from genital candidiasis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). So, take the following medication with the consent of your specialist doctor.
  • Apply Statum lotion (Clotrimazole) twice daily after cleaning it with a gauge and take tablet AF 150 mg (Fluconazole) one tablet for 10 days.
  • Also, tablet Pantop 40 (Pantoprazole) one tablet half an hour before meal.
  • Maintain complete sexual abstinence for 10 days. Get back for review after 10 days with clear photographs.

Revert back after 10 days to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have taken the medicine as suggested by you for 10 days. I applied Candid lotion, but I got a burning feeling after that. So, I started applying Candid B ointment. Kindly find the attached latest pictures and advice. I have got quite a relief. Should I continue the same medicine?

#

Nice to hear that you got relief.

• Stop tablet AF 150 and continue the other three for the next 10 days. It would be better if you could apply Candid lotion.
  • If your wife is infected, then she also needs treatment as it is very recurrent in nature.
  • Also, check your blood sugar as it is quite common in diabetes and sometimes, diabetes present with this only.
  • Make a habit of washing and cleaning your glans daily and make sure that you do not leave any residual soap there.
  • Stop medications after 10 days.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I got my sugar checked and it was 88 (fasting). My wife is not infected. I hope I will recover fully and it will not happen again.

#

• Your sugar level is normal. So, do not worry.
  • If you would take care of it, then it will not recur.

For further doubts consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I had yeast infection earlier and I got it treated with your advice. Now over the last three days, I feel something like fungal infection on my penis. I applied Candid-B. Today morning it was all clear and there were no signs of infection. But, now in the evening, again, I can see the signs of fungal infection. Kindly advise.

#

• Please send good quality photographs of lesion taken in a natural light. Also, do mention the complaint in it.
  • What is your recent blood sugar level? Do you have any other systemic illness?

I am hypothyroid. Kindly find the attached photographs.

#

• You have not mentioned the complaint in it? Is this the white patch (attachment removed to protect patient identity) in glans you are talking about? Or the white at the base of the glans? The photo is still not clear.
  • Do not be very fond of applying Candid B lotion (combination of Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone). As it contains Beclomethasone, which, if used for a long duration can cause permanent atrophy of glans skin.

|