Q. Is it possible to get extreme nausea, acid reflux, fatigue, and weight loss due to gallstone?

Answered by Dr. Zubin Dev Sharma and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Gall Bladder Stones or Weight Loss? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 41 years old, male. I have symptoms of extreme nausea, acid reflux, fatigue, and weight loss. Ultrasound shows gallstone. I have enclosed the report. The doctor wants to do a HIDA scan and remove the gallbladder. Are my symptoms due to gallstone? Is there a substitute test for a HIDA scan? Should I go for surgery? Please advise diagnosis and treatment.