Q. My perineum burns when I pee, and I have a swollen lymph node in my groin. What is it?

Dr. Balamurugan
21 F
My perineum is burning when I pee. Doesn’t hurt to pee just stings/burns my perineum and the skin around it. My anus is also sore. It doesn’t hurt when I poop, but when I wipe, it feels like sand paper. I wince in pain, then just hop in the shower and clean myself that way. I’ve been with the same partner for 5 years and just got a Pap smear last month- no STD’s. I haven’t engaged in sexual activity in 2 weeks because I know it will be painful. I also have a swollen lymph node on the left side of my groin. Any ideas?
# Hi,

Welcome to ICLINIQ,

I understand your concern,

I gather from your history that the perineal symptoms along with swollen lymph nodes increases the possibility of Genital Herpes.

Many people have herpes viruses in their body, and anyone who is sexually active can become infected.

Also, the virus may remain inactive for months or years before causing an outbreak of genital herpes.

It is usually transmitted by people who don't know that they have been infected by the virus.

Women are mostly susceptible to infection because of their sensitive mucous membranes.

Common triggers include constant emotional stress , common colds, physical exertion, skin injuries, and menstruation.

Diagnosis can be confirmed by examining skin samples and by the presence of herpes Antibodies.

Treatment includes Antivirals like ACYCLOVIR, which helps to reduce the severity and duration of outbreaks.

Other possibilities include Anal abscess and yeast infection.

Hope this helps.

|