Q. For more than four weeks now, my nose, throat, and stomach feels like they are on fire. Why?

Dr. Kapil Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 18, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 30, 2020

Not been feeling to good for more than 4 weeks now, no appetite so have lost weight, night sweats. Whole body feels weak and uncomfortable all day this has gotten worse during the past week and a half. Nose and throat feel like they are on fire, coughing more after eating. Stomach also feels like it's on fire, gets worse after eating. Stomach acid reflux after eating and burping. Burping a lot after eating sometimes burping up acid reflux. Calves have difficulty moving, very tired. No appetite More severe night sweats, wake up every half an hour just about each night. Very tired.

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Kapil Gupta

#

Hello, I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling so well.

Reading about your symptoms the most common differential diagnosis would be GERD or Gastro esophageal reflux disease. It is basically reflux of the acidic content of the stomach into your food pipe or oesophagus that causes all these problems . And to confirm the diagnosis I suggest you to meet a gi specialist after the covid situation settles down who will then do an endoscopy to confirm the diagnosis.

Till then try avoiding alcohol, citrus juice, tomato based products and coffee. After meals take a walk inside your premises and wait for 2-3 hours and then lie down.

Keep an extra pillow to elevate your head while sleeping . Also stop taking omeprazole and start talking tablet esomeprazole/nexpro rd/nexpro. Have 1tsp of syrup sucralfate 30 minutes before taking esomeprazole.

Endoscopy
Urea breath test

Tab esomeprazole -domperidone
Syrup sucralfate

| 

Other than acid reflux, what can cause inflammation and irritation of throat?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been having some issues with my throat and esophagus. I have seen an ENT specialist and he said that I had a lot of inflammation in my esophagus, but did not seem to say anything else other than it may be the acid reflux. But, the way I feel and a lot of the other symptoms that have...  Read Full »

How can loose stools and a lot of gas released from the anus be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, Since last one year, I am having loose stools with a lot of gas released from the anus. Motion is not cleared fully. There is a burning sensation in stomach and somewhere in the intestines. There is a huge rambling in the stomach, especially in the evening hours. The doctor ...  Read Full »

I have GERD. Can you suggest any treament?

Query: Hello Doctor, I have been suffering from stomach ulcer for the past 2 years. Till now the ulcer was not severe, but since few days I have been having stomach pain everytime after having food. Doctor diagnosed that, I have GERD. But even then I faced GERD problems rarely. But for the past 3 weeks ...  Read Full »