Q. What medicines can be taken for chronic acid reflux?

Dr. Noushif. M

I am a 27-year-old male. I have a problem with chronic acid reflux/GERD that often causes my throat pain as well. The problems are off and on i.e sometimes they are not much considerable but sometimes they are highly problematic.

Additionally, I have sometimes noticed the problem of costochondritis since a few months ago and that has increased lately. This is bothering me much as I feel pain after sleeping or sitting one side continuously and movement of my arms.

I do have a deficiency of Vitamin D (last blood test value was 17). Please, advice some medications to tackle these issues.

#

• For GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), you need to modify your diet well.
  • Avoid reflux-promoting foods like excess coffee, spicy foods, fried foods etc.
  • Practice short frequent feeds rather than full stomach feeds. Have a gap of at least an hour between dinner and sleep either sit or move around.
  • I suggest you take tablets like Sompraz D (Domperidone and Esomeprazole) half an hour before breakfast for a week or so when you experience severe symptoms. Do not make it a habit.
  • Do get exposed to sunlight particularly during midday for 20 to 30 minutes at least once a week.
  • I suggest you can have Calcirol (Cholecalciferol) 60000 units once weekly for four weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.
  • Improve your diet and make it rich in calcium.

Hope your queries are cleared.

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|