HomeAnswersInternal Medicineglycosylated hemoglobinI had my annual check-up. Please review my reports.

Could you please review my annual checkup reports?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At January 24, 2018
Reviewed AtApril 24, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am enclosing my annual checkup reports for review and for necessary medical advice for the same.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I have found few abnormalities.

Deranged HbA1c and blood sugar can be seen in your report. It is in the borderline range and signifies impaired glucose tolerance. Now, you should get your fasting and post lunch sugar levels done to determine whether you need medicine for that or not. Also, you should start dietary restrictions on sugars, fatty, and oily food.

Your triglycerides and cholesterol, both are elevated. You should have a healthy lifestyle like avoiding fatty, oily, and high-calorie diet. Get your BP checked once. Regular exercises like brisk walking, jogging according to your capacity for at least 30 minutes a day and five days a week. Lots of green leafy vegetables, fruits, fish once or twice a week, avoid meat. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any. There should not be any abdominal fat deposition or obesity. You should also be started on tablet Rosuvastatin 5 mg at bedtime for your lipids. Need to repeat lipid profile after eight weeks to look for control.

You have low levels of Folic acid. For this, you need to increase the consumption of green leafy vegetables on daily basis. If not feasible then you can have the same in supplements form as tablet Folate 5 mg once a day.

Increase the exposure to the sun in early morning. Also, I suggest you have tablet Uprise (vitamin D3) 60,000 units once a week for eight weeks then once a month for six months to correct vitamin D levels. Consult a specilaist doctor, discuss with them, and take medications with their consent.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode
Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Internal Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy