Q. I have pain and swelling in my gums with bleeding. Please help.

Dr. Bharat Joshi
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 25, 2020 and last reviewed on: Nov 02, 2020

I have pain and swelling in gums and sometimes bleeding as well.

#

Please do not worry. Thank you very much for sending pictures and for making my diagnosis clear. See, it is gingivitis along with a traumatic ulcer. Gingivitis is due to the accumulation of plaque and while the ulcer is due to hot food inhalation. I am prescribing some medications. Please follow these medications and report me if no improvement is there.

Plaque and calculus, while hot food caused the ulcer.

Medications are followed by scaling (whenever you find the time).
Apply Metrogyl gel (I hope you are not allergic to Metronidazole) twice a day for five days over the swelled gums.
Use Rexidine mouthwash (0.2 % Chlorhexidine) twice a day for five days.
Dologel (Choline Salicylate and Lidocaine) over the ulcer twice a day for five days.
Multivitamin therapy (which so ever suits you) once a day for one month.

Warm saline rinses six-hourly a day for seven days, and avoid eating very hot food from a traumatic ulcer site.

Please follow my instructions, and do an update if there is no improvement.

Thank you for your prescription.

I want to talk to you through video call or normal call and want to tell you some more issues because it is impossible to take a picture from each angle of the mouth. And also, it is not bleeding continuously only once or twice. Thank you.

#

Please do not worry. You can book me on the site. I suggest you have all the records.

Need more details.

What so ever done.

Please do not worry. Your problem will be solved.
I am looking forward to solving your query with success.

|