Q. Is consuming flax seeds good for hair growth?

Dr. Suneetha B S
Published on Apr 22, 2018

Is consuming flax seeds good for hair growth? If so can I mix the powder in milk and have it daily?

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetology Microbiology Nutritionist
#

Yes, flaxseeds have some nutrients that are good for hair growth. However, it is not the only food that promotes hair growth. Consumption of sprouts and nuts in general provides us many essential nutrients like protein, calcium, zinc, magnesium, iron, etc.

You can take a small bowl of sprouts or a handful of nuts as a mini-meal in between your major meals.

Regarding flaxseeds, you can take it by mixing its powder in milk, curds or in your food.

I hope that helps.

For more information consult a nutritionist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nutritionist

Is Nutrigain safe to use?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having thyroid problem. I would like to use nutrigain powder. Are there any side effects in using it?  Read Full >>

Dr. Kahlil Subramanian
Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many ayurveda products available in the market to gain weight. All products contain the same ingredients as the nutrigain has. I do not know whether these products are expected to clear quality assurance or not and the reason is to consider the steroid mixture...  Read Full

Hair Loss - Common Causes and Hair Care Tips

Article Overview: Scalp hair has cosmetic value. Hair loss has become the most worrisome issue for both men and women. When a man or woman starts losing hair, it makes an impact on the psychological health, self-esteem, and confidence. Read Article

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Hair loss is a common condition faced by people of all age groups. There are various causes for hair loss. Hence understanding hair growth cycle is important to determine if the hair fall is normal or is due to an underlying cause. The Growth Cycle of Hair The human scalp has around one hundred th...  Read Article

Can bleaching be really harmful to my hair?

Query: Hello doctor, I bleached my roots twice in the summer, and there was a ton of overlap, resulting in a lot of breakages. I thought the breakage subsided so I had extensions put in. I just recently had them taken out and realized that my hair has become super thin and I have lost a lot of them and my...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bleaching repeatedly would cause damage to the Disulfide bonds present in the hair, which is most often temporary. You definitely need hair nutrients like biotin, cysteine, selenium, calcium pantothenate, zinc, vitamin C to restore normal growth pattern of hair. Pl...  Read Full

Ask a Nutritionist Now