Q. What is the reason for foul smell in my mouth? What can be done?

I have been experiencing a foul smell in my mouth since a few years. This may be due to an unclean stomach. Please, can you prescribe me some medication to clean the stomach? Also, whatever I eat does not nourish my body. Can I know the reason?

#

• Bad breath or halitosis most commonly originates from the oral cavity or nasal passages.
  • Periodontal disease, caries, acute forms of gingivitis, poorly fitting dentures, oral abscess, tongue coating, and sinusitis are common causes.
  • It can also originate from the gut.
  • Since your halitosis is of a chronic origin, I would suggest you undergo an endoscopy. Treatment will proceed accordingly.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

What can be done for bad breath?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a bad breath problem. I really feel a bad breath in my mouth when I wake up early in the morning.  Read Full »

After getting my teeth cleaned, why do I still have inflammation?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a teeth cleaning done, but the inflammation is still there. The dentist said that I need to get treated for a receding gum line through surgery. She said it was due to brushing hard and asked me to switch to a soft bristle toothbrush and sensodyne toothpaste. I am also awaiting ...  Read Full »

I have an upper jaw pain and cannot close my mouth. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor,From my left front tooth, all the way to the back of my teeth on top hurt. I cannot close my mouth and it feels like the pain is going up into the bone under my nose. What could that possibly be?  Read Full »