Q. What is the reason for foul smell in my mouth? What can be done?

Published on Nov 08, 2017

I have been experiencing a foul smell in my mouth since a few years. This may be due to an unclean stomach. Please, can you prescribe me some medication to clean the stomach? Also, whatever I eat does not nourish my body. Can I know the reason?

#

• Bad breath or halitosis most commonly originates from the oral cavity or nasal passages.
  • Periodontal disease, caries, acute forms of gingivitis, poorly fitting dentures, oral abscess, tongue coating, and sinusitis are common causes.
  • It can also originate from the gut.
  • Since your halitosis is of a chronic origin, I would suggest you undergo an endoscopy. Treatment will proceed accordingly.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

What can be done for bad breath?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a bad breath problem. I really feel a bad breath in my mouth when I wake up early in the morning.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern. There are two main general reasons for halitosis (bad breath) related to oral cavity or teeth and the second one is related to the stomach. For oral cavity related you need to check for any cavity, accumulat...  Read Full

After getting my teeth cleaned, why do I still have inflammation?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a teeth cleaning done, but the inflammation is still there. The dentist said that I need to get treated for a receding gum line through surgery. She said it was due to brushing hard and asked me to switch to a soft bristle toothbrush and sensodyne toothpaste. I am also awaiting ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Use warm saline gargling daily at least 2 or 3 times, for two weeks. This will help in reducing the inflammation and help in preventing further recession of gum line. Also if you can get Betadine gargle for rinsing then it would be much better, this would be of grea...  Read Full

I have an upper jaw pain and cannot close my mouth. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor,From my left front tooth, all the way to the back of my teeth on top hurt. I cannot close my mouth and it feels like the pain is going up into the bone under my nose. What could that possibly be?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it seems to me that you have an apical periodontitis. If you have any cavity related to this area, the tenderness is because of it. Or you must have malocclusion, meaning there is more pressure on these teeth. You need to visit a dentist who will...  Read Full