Q. I have frequent headache, watery eyes and pressure on nose and ears. What to do?

Dr. Med, Özlem Karabuda
Published on Nov 28, 2019

For the past few days, I am getting frequent headaches. Last week my BP was 140/90 mmHg. Yesterday it was 140/80 mmHg. Now again I have a headache, eyes are watering and I am feeling pressure on my nose and ears.

Dr. Med, Özlem Karabuda

Child Health Paediatrics
#

Normal blood pressure level is 120/80 mmHg. Your blood pressure exceeds these limits and it seems as you are suffering from stage one to two hypertension. Hypertension is a very important problem as it causes other serious illnesses over time. You are very young and so it is of tremendous importance to lower your blood pressure. Fortunately, you may be able to do this without any medication.

I suggest the following:

Eat a low-sodium diet.

Lose weight.

Go for a walk 30 minutes a day.

Limit alcohol and if you are smoking try to quit it.

Please measure your blood pressure for one week once in the morning, if possible before doing any activity and once in the evening. And write it down. After one week your measurements should be checked. After one month of low-sodium diet, exercise and three to four lost pounds, you should repeat this blood pressure measurement. If there is no improvement some lab tests should be done. If your symptoms did not improve in the following days, or if your headache worsens abruptly you should be examined by a doctor.

| 

Hypertension: Overcome the Highs

Article Overview: This article talks about hypertension, a condition in which the pressure exerted by the blood, on the walls of the arteries, is too high. Read Article

Blood pressure (BP) is the amount of pressure exerted by the flowing blood upon the walls of the arteries. The normal value is around 120/80 mmHg. Your blood pressure value is considered as hypertension when constantly there is a blood pressure of more than 140/90 mmHg. It is diagnosed by checking t...  Read Article

I have headache after using Nevanac ophthalmic suspension

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. I have discomfort and mild pain in the right eye since last four days. The doctor has advised taking Nevanac ophthalmic suspension 0.1 suspension, and Maxmoist eye drops for dry eye. He has advised to take Nevanac one drop four times daily in both eyes, and Maxmoist ...  Read Full »

Recurrent nasal sinus congestion with thick mucous secretion. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, Approximately one year ago, I began to have recurrent, once per month or few weeks approximately, left-sided sinus congestion. Though my nose was never stuffy, I could feel the congestion somewhere between my lower nasal passage and sinus. When I would go to clear this, it would take ...  Read Full »