Q. From the medical report, share your opinion about my father's heart attack.

My father has got a heart attack and was admitted to the hospital. He had chest pain, shortness of breath and no palpitations. He also has diabetes. I will post the picture of the medical report. Please share your opinion.

#

He has got heart attack and also had old asymptomatic heart attacks which were painless due to diabetes (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

At present, his heart function is weak at around 30%. Normally, it is more than 55% and due to which his blood pressure was low and fluid accumulation in lungs leading to shortness of breath.

From now onwards, he should be very regular in his medicine which is prescribed. The prescription is good and contains all necessary medication.

He should have a strict restriction of salt and liquids intake like water, tea, and coffee. Otherwise, there may be an increase in shortness of breath.

• Now, the next step is angiography followed by stenting or bypass surgery according to the angiography report. So, you should discuss this with your local doctor. It will help to prevent further decrement in function and slight improvement as well.
  • Regular exercises like brisk walking, just walking for at least 30 minutes a day and five days a week. Lots of green leafy vegetables, fruits, fish once or twice a week, and avoid meat. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any.

For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|