Q. I want to be at least 6 feet tall. Is there any way to stimulate growth hormone secretion?

Dr. Divakara P
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 13, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jul 02, 2019

I am a 21 year old guy. I am just 5'5" tall. I want to be at least 6 feet tall. Is there any way to stimulate the pituitary gland to secrete growth hormones?

#

Growth depends on many factors:

1. Hereditary influence of growth.
  2. Nutrition during childhood (at the growing ages).
  3. Any illness during the growing age that results in stunted growth.

Growth after 21 years is not possible since the growing ends of the bone would have fused. So, do not go in search of medicines to stimulate growth.

Regular exercising and proper sleep is the natural way of stimulating growth hormone. But this might not be of any help at this age.

Consult an endocrinologist online for further help --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

| 

Can knee and pelvic x-ray help to check, whether human growth hormone(HGH) will work for me?

Query: Dear Doctor, I have attached images of the latest x-ray imaging (attachment removed to protect user identity). I have taken this x-ray to determine my bone age, reason is that I had planned on using growth hormone therapy to help me grow taller. I was told that these bone age imaging of the wrist is...  Read Full »

What products can I use to gain weight?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 21 years old and is very thin. Her weight is only 33 kg and height is 5'4". Since her birth she is of low weight and does not have any medical problems. Kindly advice some treatment plan that would help her to increase her weight. How long will it take for her to gain we...  Read Full »

What should I take to relieve Flagyl induced constipation?
Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am trying to overcome constipation caused by the Flagyl antibiotic, and I do...  Read more»
How long should my dad continue the same dosage of medicines after a stent surgery?
Hello doctor, My father had a heart stent operation six months ago. Doctor prescribed some medicines, and still, he is u...  Read more»

Ask an Endocrinologist Now