Q. Can H. pylori infection be treated with injectable antibiotics?

Answered by Dr. Babu Lal Meena and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Helicobacter Pylori or Omeprazole? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Can H. pylori infection be treated with injectable antibiotics?

I have been diagnosed with an H.pylori infection. My current symptoms are an inability to eat properly, excessive burping, and restlessness. My doctor advised taking Cravit and Amoxicillin, along with Pantoprazole as an acid reducer. Just after one doze of antibiotics, I have severe bloating in the stomach and found it difficult to breathe or burp, and had to be rushed to the emergency room. Can H.pylori infection be treated with injectable antibiotics? As my stomach is extremely sensitive to strong oral antibiotics as of now. I am in severe discomfort and help would be greatly appreciated.