Q. I have severe pain and itching in my anal hole with a few bumps on it. Why?

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

I have severe pain and itching on the anal hole. I also have four to five small cylindrical bumps near the anal hole that cause more irritation and discomfort. Kindly let me know what the remedy is. Under this situation, it is becoming painful to pass.

#

The picture you attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) seems thrombosed external hemorrhoids. These are blood-filled piles in the anal canal, which has now clotted with blood. Pain and sometimes bleeding is a common thing.

I suggest you the following regimen. Use it for a week, at least.

Take tablet Daflon 500 mg thrice daily for one week, Ispagol husk two tablespoons full in a glass of water once daily.

Avoid constipation by taking fiber in the diet, take plenty of water, 2 to 3 liters in a day. Apply Xylocaine 2% gel six hourly for five to seven days. You can stop it earlier if no pain.

Do a sitz bath. Take a water tub, fill it to half with slightly warm water, add 5 ml of Dettol anti septic, and sit in it till the water temperature became normal or 10 minutes. Do this two to three times a day.

Update me about your symptom in three days. If no improvement can consider surgical referral.

Thrombosed external hemrrhoids.

Chronic anal fissure (sentinal pile).

|