Q. What can be done for hemorrhoids with bleeding and loss of appetite?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim
Published on Jul 02, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 05, 2019

Over the last year, I had been having a lot of rectal issues, hemorrhoids about every 2 to 3 months, last about 2 to 5 days with use of over-the-counter cream. I have had spotting blood after going and the blood has been getting worse over time, yesterday there was more blood then any other time, also a mucus looking stuff. And again today a lot of blood. The last week had been pretty rough. No solid stool in 10 days and complete loss of appetite. I have been having to force myself to eat.

#

I understand your concerns. Hemorrhoids is classified into four stages according to the lump protruded from the anal opening. The first two are medically treated, the third conservative treatment is tried first then surgical, the fourth stage is surgical.

So can you describe the lump protruded from the anal opening? Can you feel it? Is it protruded all the time or disappear after defecation? Constipation and hard stools exacerbate the condition. So I suggest that you take Laxative and stool softener. Preparation H ointment three times per day will be helpful regarding the pain and decrease the size and inflammation of the lump. I recommend that you follow up in order to identify the stage and appropriate management. Wish you all well-being.

How can loose stools and a lot of gas released from the anus be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, Since last one year, I am having loose stools with a lot of gas released from the anus. Motion is not cleared fully. There is a burning sensation in stomach and somewhere in the intestines. There is a huge rambling in the stomach, especially in the evening hours. The doctor ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The present symptoms look more likely due to constipation.  I suggest you follow these measures: Avoid constipating foods like maize-based foods, junk foods, baked ones etc. Keep yourself well hydrated with two to three liters of water a day in various ...  Read Full

Can excess gas cause floating stools?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 47 year old male. I have noticed floating stools for about two months. This may have been going on longer, but I just noticed two months ago and historically, this is not normal for me. Consistency is solid with somewhat limited quantity and more like you would expect with constipa...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are consistent with malabsorption of fat and lactose intolerance. There are various causes of malabsorption and indeed lactose intolerance, pancreatic insufficiency and gallbladder dysfunction are some of the well known causes. Bloating and soft...  Read Full

I am getting hemorrhoids at least twice a month. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am getting hemorrhoids often. Even this month, I got hemorrhoids twice. I would like to know, why is it so often for me? I do eat fruits every day, and I do not have constipation. I am 20 years old, and my weight is 59 kg. Thank you.  Read Full >>

Dr. Medhun Kumar
General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear your problem. The first thing is that I need to know a few more details about your problem. Are you getting hemorrhoids or something else? Because bleeding while passing stools are not due to hemorrhoids alone. And suppose, if you got hemorrhoids, then it ...  Read Full