Q. What can be done for hemorrhoids with bleeding and loss of appetite?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 02, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 05, 2019

Over the last year, I had been having a lot of rectal issues, hemorrhoids about every 2 to 3 months, last about 2 to 5 days with use of over-the-counter cream. I have had spotting blood after going and the blood has been getting worse over time, yesterday there was more blood then any other time, also a mucus looking stuff. And again today a lot of blood. The last week had been pretty rough. No solid stool in 10 days and complete loss of appetite. I have been having to force myself to eat.

#

I understand your concerns. Hemorrhoids is classified into four stages according to the lump protruded from the anal opening. The first two are medically treated, the third conservative treatment is tried first then surgical, the fourth stage is surgical.

So can you describe the lump protruded from the anal opening? Can you feel it? Is it protruded all the time or disappear after defecation? Constipation and hard stools exacerbate the condition. So I suggest that you take Laxative and stool softener. Preparation H ointment three times per day will be helpful regarding the pain and decrease the size and inflammation of the lump. I recommend that you follow up in order to identify the stage and appropriate management. Wish you all well-being.

|