Q. HIV RNA was negative on 21st day? Can it be positive later?

Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hiv Infection or Fungal Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: HIV RNA was negative on 21st day? Can it be positive later?

I had unprotected sex with a woman for two to three minutes around four weeks ago. I took HIV 1 RNA test on 11th day which was negative. Again I took complete STD panel tests on 21st day with HIV-1 RNA and HIV fourth generation tests, all of the results were negative. But, I can notice small rashes near tip of my penis which are appearing and going away for the past couple of days. Am I HIV positive? I am worried. Can HIV RNA be positive after negative at 21st day?