Q. What is the risk of HIV when vaginal fluid comes in contact with the base of penis?

Dr. Sushil Kakkar

Dear doctor,

I had protected vaginal sex (with little lube) with a prostitute. Although the condom did not break or tear, I feel there could have been some vaginal secretions from her. Since it was my first time, I did not last long and released early, but there was no leakage from the condom, which is how I confirmed there is no tear. But, the entire condom does not cover my penis, which worried me if some tiny secretion could have entered into the condom. There are no cuts or sores around my penis area. Forgive my frankness, but does moist nipple mean anything related to HIV? Also, what are the chances for, if there were any vaginal secretions near the penis base, on wiping (using a tissue) is it possible for the virus to enter through the penis? I am sorry for asking such a long question, but this was my first experience, and what happens next will decide my fate. I am willing to take the test, but I think I need to wait for the three-month window period right? Please advise doctor.

#

I have noted your concern.

If the condom was of a proper size and well-fitted, there is no chance of vaginal fluids going inside from the base. Therefore, a protected vaginal sex is safe as far as risk of HIV is concerned.

Yes, a rapid HIV screening test is considered reliable and conclusive after a window period of three months. Regards.

For more information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

|