Q. Are 12 weeks post exposure HIV tests conclusive?

Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hiv or Anxiety? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Are 12 weeks post exposure HIV tests conclusive?

Six months ago, I had a very brief unprotected sex with a community sex worker (CSW). I did a fourth generation Combo test on 48th day and 86th day. It was negative in both the cases and it covers the 12 weeks window period. Should I consider this conclusive? I read in some forums that rare to rare case sometimes six months testing is required. Please help. Have you ever heard of anyone getting infected because of too many HIV testing? I got tested from a reputed laboratory which is international. My last test was post 22 weeks of exposure. Can anyone develop the virus post five months of exposure even though the tests were negative? Who are included in the rarest case with the need to be tested after six months? I am asking these because for the past many days I had needle pricking in my body and also I have a bit of pain here and there in the body. For the past days I am getting fluctuating mild fever. Should I call myself 90% conclusive or 100% conclusive? Request you to resolve my queries at the earliest. Because of this stress, I feel like killing myself. I need to know what is wrong with me. Is it a case of anxiety itself?