Q. I am getting pigmentation under my eyes and on my nose after visiting high-altitude places. Kindly help me.

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I want to know about my skin type. My skin feels very dry after using facewash (lotus organic plus), but after some (generally after two to three hours) time, my skin becomes very oily (even if I do not apply any of the cream or sunscreen). It is the same condition in summers and winters. Now after using lotus face wash toner and skin whitening cream, my face color generally becomes dark.

So kindly tell me what type of skin is mine. Is it dry or oily? My skin is of this type for the past 10 to 25 years. I am a 38-year-old male. My city has both climates in the extreme. Sun exposure is generally an office job only. I use lotus organic plus facewash, lotus herbals rose toner, lotus herbal skin whitening gel cream, and lotus herbal night cream. I use face wash in the morning and evening, then apply toner, then in day lotus herbal whitening gel cream, and in night herbal night cream. I have had pigmentation for the last two years only, on the nose and under-eye cheeks.

In general, I would say I feel most comfortable skin if I do not apply any cream (if pigmentation would not be there).

Kindly guide me for suitable face creams, face wash, and toners for my type of skin.

#

I suggest you take tablet Limcee 500 mg (Vitamin C) once a day after breakfast for 30 days.

Do you have tight skin? Is there seborrhea? Is your skin shiny or sensitive? Are there prolonged exposure to sun or UV (ultraviolet) rays? Do you have a history of photosensitivity?

Please answer the questions for details.

I am taking two tablets of Limcee daily for the last four to five months. I have tight and sensitive skin. There was no pigmentation ever. I went to a very high-altitude place two years ago. I use to wear sunglasses always there. Since then, pigmentation started, just below the portion of sunglass (nose and under eyes). No, prolong exposure to the sun as mine is an office job, no history of photosensitivity. My job profile has six to seven hours of laptop usage. For this, I use sunglasses with UV protection and a blue coating. I was not having any skin problems ever. After being to the high altitude, it all started. Kindly give your opinion.

#

I suggest you apply Kojic acid cream at night on hyperpigmentation patch or spot for six weeks, use Ahaglow face wash twice daily to wash face for one month, and Aziderm 10 percent (Azelaic Acid) cream at daytime on the hyperpigmented lesion for 15 days.

Use photostable sunscreen daily at 9 AM, 12 PM, and 3 PM and also 30 minutes before going outdoors for two months. Use it even when indoors.

Eat Vitamin A and C-rich foods like papaya, mango, muskmelon, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, berries, oranges, etc. Stay hydrated. Drink seven to eight glasses of water daily. Avoid direct exposure to the sun. Avoid the sun between 10 AM to 4 PM. Hydrate your skin with Venusia Max moisturizer or Aquasoft moisturizer immediately after bath. Your skin is a combination type.

I hope this was helpful.

|