Q. Please suggest a suitable medicine to regulate BP.

This is a premium question & answer published on May 15, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 27, 2020

I am 58 years old. I do not have any health problem except high BP. In spite of medicines my BP does not come down. First I tried Eslo 5 mg and Amlodac 5 mg and now I am on Cilaheart 10 mg. But, my BP remains at 140/100 mmHg. I do not smoke or drink. I eat less and avoid red meat and high protein. Please suggest a suitable medication. Thank you.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

We are here to help you.

• Reading your case scenario, I would just recommend addition of diuretic like Hydrochlorothiazide to your existing regimen.
  • So, ask your doctor for a prescription and write back to me after two weeks with the attachment of BP chart that you would note down.

Primary hypertension.

Get the following test done: Serum creatinine, fasting lipid profile, urine for microalbumin and ECG.

Adding up a diuretic and lifestyle modification.

Revert back after two weeks to a cardiologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|