Q. Please suggest a suitable medicine to regulate BP.

This is a premium question & answer published on May 15, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 27, 2020

I am 58 years old. I do not have any health problem except high BP. In spite of medicines my BP does not come down. First I tried Eslo 5 mg and Amlodac 5 mg and now I am on Cilaheart 10 mg. But, my BP remains at 140/100 mmHg. I do not smoke or drink. I eat less and avoid red meat and high protein. Please suggest a suitable medication. Thank you.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

We are here to help you.

• Reading your case scenario, I would just recommend addition of diuretic like Hydrochlorothiazide to your existing regimen.
  • So, ask your doctor for a prescription and write back to me after two weeks with the attachment of BP chart that you would note down.

Primary hypertension.

Get the following test done: Serum creatinine, fasting lipid profile, urine for microalbumin and ECG.

Adding up a diuretic and lifestyle modification.

Revert back after two weeks to a cardiologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

| 

Related Video

My blood pressure is erratic. Can you help ?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old. Recently, I started having high blood pressure. It goes up and down a lot. At some times, it is 170/90, and at others, it is 130/80. Recently I have done a blood test, where my Hb was 10.52, cholesterol was 152, triglyceride was 165, HDL 28 and LDL was 91. The other...  Read Full »

Do I have sinus bradycardia based on the reports?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 57 years old female. I am doing my annual health check-up for last three years. Below are some variation in my report this year, with respect to normal range. Could you please share your advice regarding this:E.C.G - Sinus Bradycardia (except this normal study. Same is there in the re...  Read Full »

What does grade 1 diastolic dysfunction in echocardiogram indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, I have anxiety for the last five months. Recently, I had an echocardiogram, it says grade 1 diastolic dysfunction of the left ventricle with E/A ratio 0.7. Rest other parameters of the echo are fine. Sometimes my diastolic BP goes to 90 due to anxiety. Can you please tell what is this...  Read Full »