Q. How can wisdom tooth pain be treated?

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

I am having wisdom tooth pain and I am currently traveling. Can you please suggest some good pain relief medicine and once I am back home, I shall get it treated. Please find the attached X-ray.

#

Do not worry. I checked your attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Pain is due to impacted wisdom tooth which has also damaged adjacent tooth leading to caries. You may require disimpaction and restoration of adjacent tooth by root canal. Right now you take the following medicines:

Ofloxacin 200 mg with Ornidazole 500 mg BD for five days. Tablet Acelofenac 100 mg with Paracetamol 325 mg, Serratidopeptidase 15 mg BD for five days after taking food. Tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg OD for five days. Mouthwash Hexidine three times daily for 30 seconds by rinsing oral cavity. You are also advised to maintain good oral hygiene.

Thank you so much.

#

You are welcome. Take care.

|