Q. How can wisdom tooth pain be treated?

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar
Published on Jun 22, 2019

I am having wisdom tooth pain and I am currently traveling. Can you please suggest some good pain relief medicine and once I am back home, I shall get it treated. Please find the attached X-ray.

#

Do not worry. I checked your attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Pain is due to impacted wisdom tooth which has also damaged adjacent tooth leading to caries. You may require disimpaction and restoration of adjacent tooth by root canal. Right now you take the following medicines:

Ofloxacin 200 mg with Ornidazole 500 mg BD for five days. Tablet Acelofenac 100 mg with Paracetamol 325 mg, Serratidopeptidase 15 mg BD for five days after taking food. Tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg OD for five days. Mouthwash Hexidine three times daily for 30 seconds by rinsing oral cavity. You are also advised to maintain good oral hygiene.

Thank you so much.

Can calcium hydroxide cause toothache while root canal treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a crown in one of my teeth on the lower left bottom. The crown came off. I went to the dentist who suggested root canal even when I did not have any problem. The root canal was completed and the crown was placed. After a few days, my teeth used to pain only on consuming hot wate...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question I can understand your concern. The pain may be because of post RCT infection or because of the accessory canal in the root that becomes sometimes difficult to manage. In case it in infection you need to take antibiotics and that will he...  Read Full

My teeth still pain after a fluoride varnish. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I had gone to a dentist. He applied fluoride varnish paste on my teeth saying that the cavities are very small. But my teeth are still paining. What to do?  Read Full >>

Dr. Subha
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dental varnish contains fluoride which is anticarious and hence prevents the progression of tooth decay. Pit caries are very minute and very minimal cavities that are superficially present on the teeth. Pit caries does not require fillings because to do the filling,...  Read Full