Q. What will be the reason for headache, chest pain and dizziness?

This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 07, 2021

I am an 18 year old female. I am suffering from sudden, severe headaches, chest pain, dizziness, fainting, difficulty in balance and blurring of vision often. Why?

#

There are two possibilities. One is anxiety episodes, and the other one is cardiac arrhythmia like PSVT (paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia) or atrial fibrillation, in which heart rate suddenly goes up and also suddenly decreases.

• Do you have any palpitations or increased heart rate? If yes, then it can be cardiac arrhythmia. How long does it persist?
  • Blood pressure falls during these episodes, and one has dizziness, fainting, blackouts and sometimes syncope.

Usually, ECG is normal as it is generally done in between the episodes. ECG done during the episodes will show abnormality. You will need 24-hour Holter monitoring. So, you should visit a nearby cardiologist for these investigations.

Also, hemoglobin and thyroid test should be done. ln order to abort such episodes, you should try to cough hard.

Until the time your evaluation is complete, you can ask your local doctor for tablet Ciplar LA (Propranolol) 20 mg once a day, which will cover for both the things.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|