Q. Please advice regarding management of tooth pain in a child.

Dr. Pallavi Srivastava

My 5-year-old is complaining of tooth pain. It appears where the pain is, there is a missing part between two teeth and food gets stuck all the time. I need some advice. I can provide a picture if needed. About three weeks back, he complained about the same thing. We went to a dentist. He said four of his teeth have gone bad and need attention. I gave him Amoxicillin for five days and asked us to visit the main hospital for kids. But he was fine from day two after a good brush and saltwater solution until now.

#

The first molar of the lower jaw of both the left and right side are having cavities. Go for X-ray for both the tooth. In the X-ray, the dentist can see where infection (caries) has reached (to the pulp or not). If caries has reached the pulp, you have to go for pedodontic root canal treatment (pulpectomy). If not, then you have to go for a tooth filling. This will solve your problem.

| 

Is it better to get my two impacted wisdom teeth removed?

Query: Hi doctor, I visited a dentist and he completed deep cleaning of all four quadrants. I got composite fillings on one side of the mouth for five cavities (right side). However, I still have four cavities on the left side. I have two options. Wait for three more months and take care of it, as my in...  Read Full »

Can this hard and tender lump inside my lower cheek be cancerous?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 25 years old. Just under my right jawline, I had a tender pain, a couple days later it had swelled. Now, that has gone down but there seems to be a bump inside my lower cheek where the gums meet the cheek. It seems thick or hard, not really moveable and more on the inside of the ch...  Read Full »

How to reduce the swelling that occurred due to infected tooth and sinus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got a decayed tooth at the upper backside region. Now, I have got a sinus infection. Can I consult a dentist soon?  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»