Last year I moved to a farm in the city. I ended up getting a lot of insect bites from the woods. Unfortunately, I itched one of them too much, which left a permanent round mark on my skin. I had a bump appear and disappear, but it left this mark on my skin. I want to make sure it is not something else. I have had it for a while now, and it does not cause any pain or bleeding. I have had eczema problems in the past. Also, currently, I am taking digestive enzyme supplements. Please advise.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
It is an allergic rash (due to an insect bite) with superficial fungal infection. I suggest the following,
1) Apply Fucibet cream (Betamethasone 0.1% and Fusidic Acid 2%) in the daytime for ten days.
2) Apply Miconazole cream at night for ten days.
3) Azac soap (Azelaic acid 1.6%) for bathing for two months.
4) Tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg at night after food for seven days if there is itching or irritation.
5) Avoid scratching and rubbing of lesions.
6) Maintain proper hygiene.
7) Avoid moisture, heat, occlusion, friction.
8) Wear loose, comfortable, and thin cotton clothes.
9) Keep the area clean and dry.
10) Avoid activities that cause sweating.
11) Stay in well ventilated, cool room or environment.
I hope this helps.
Thank you doctor,
It is not spreading, no aggravation at night or any itching.
Welcome back to icliniq.com.
I hope this helps. Follow-up is necessary. Thank you.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. your concern. The lesional morphology of a central papule or vesicle over the background of erythema is suggestive of varicella (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). Also, you have had prodromal symptoms. Varicella usually does... Read fullWhat is causing severe allergic reaction to insect bites?
.. bites are harmless, though they feel uncomfortable and unpleasant. But some of the insect-like bee, wasp or as you mentioned sand mozzies may hurt and cause burning, swelling, pain, etc. Some peoples become allergic to such insect poison. They als... Read fullWhat has caused this swelling on my face, insect bite or allergy?
.. gone through your query and can understand your health concern. I have seen the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like some insect bite only. Avoid scratching that area if you develop itch. You can take some a... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dermatologist Now