Q. Can a insect bite cause rash and leave a permanant mark?

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Last year I moved to a farm in the city. I ended up getting a lot of insect bites from the woods. Unfortunately, I itched one of them too much, which left a permanent round mark on my skin. I had a bump appear and disappear, but it left this mark on my skin. I want to make sure it is not something else. I have had it for a while now, and it does not cause any pain or bleeding. I have had eczema problems in the past. Also, currently, I am taking digestive enzyme supplements. Please advise.

#

It is an allergic rash (due to an insect bite) with superficial fungal infection. I suggest the following,

1) Apply Fucibet cream (Betamethasone 0.1% and Fusidic Acid 2%) in the daytime for ten days.

2) Apply Miconazole cream at night for ten days.

3) Azac soap (Azelaic acid 1.6%) for bathing for two months.

4) Tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg at night after food for seven days if there is itching or irritation.

5) Avoid scratching and rubbing of lesions.

6) Maintain proper hygiene.

7) Avoid moisture, heat, occlusion, friction.

8) Wear loose, comfortable, and thin cotton clothes.

9) Keep the area clean and dry.

10) Avoid activities that cause sweating.

11) Stay in well ventilated, cool room or environment.

It is not spreading, no aggravation at night or any itching.

#

I hope this helps. Follow-up is necessary. Thank you.

|