Q. I have a scar in my kidney. Will my problem deteriorate if not monitored?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have been diagnosed with a scar in my kidney. My creatinine level was reported 1.13 to 1.43 on routine examination. I underwent renal scan, ultrasound and other tests. My nephrologist says that the infection in kidney is the old one and only need monitoring. He prescribed me Reno care and Cudo forte as precaution measure and KFT test in every two months. Is there any other method to overcome or prevent the problem? I want to know whether my problem will get deteriorated or can be prevented or minimized. I do not have high BP (115/83 mmHg) or sugar issues. Please advise as I am very much worried. I am a 48 year old male and having lots of responsibilities. I am attaching all my reports. Please guide.

#

We are here to help you.

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• In such case, I would also recommend the same medicines and advise you the following:
  1. Do not take painkillers for any purpose without doctor's advice.
  2. Maintain normal levels of blood pressure and blood sugars.
  3. No antibiotics or medicines to be taken without doctor's advice.
  • Kidney function test (KFT) needs to be done every two months.
  • No special medicine is there which would help you in this kidney damage.
  • The only important thing is to keep a regular follow up and to follow the advices given above.

For further doubts consult a nephrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

Will my creatinine level be maintained or lowered by following all the precautions and the above mentioned drugs? Is there a reason to worry like dialysis stage or CKD? Please guide. I am in stress now.

#

• This is uncertain and future cannot be predicted.
  • But, remember any stress to your kidneys may cause sudden onset of renal failure which may progress to dialysis state.

|