Q. Shall I take bronchodilator for chest pain?

This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 12, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 17, 2020

My problem is that I have pain in my left lung . Firstly, I will let you know the history. I cannot play any of the sports properly due to the pain. If I work hard such as playing football, running, etc., it will lead to a great pain . And, I cannot even properly cough and it never go away. In the last few days, I was just running in the evening and I had pain in my left lung. In lasted for around two or three days. I am also allergic to wheat. I have done the chest x-ray, which is normal and other reports are normal. I am thinking of bronchodilator. Please suggest me.

#

We are here to help you.

• Important here is that only pain is not a symptom of lung allergy or asthma. If that is associated with shortness of breath while doing any physical activity, then it is a sign of asthma.
  • I would recommend a clinical examination in such case. If your doctor finds any evidence of chest congestion like wheezes in the chest, then you would need inhaled bronchodilator like Salbutamol or Duolin (combination of Salbutamol and Ipratropium).
  • In case there is no evidence of chest spasm, then you should go for a cardiac evaluation by echocardiogram (echo) to rule out any cardiac issues like pericarditis causing you left-sided chest pain.

For further information consult a pulmonologist online,--->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist

|