Q. A 21 year old male fainted suddenly after a party. Please guide us.

Answered by Dr. Parth R Goswami and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Lymphocytosis or Peripheral Smear Study? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

This query is regarding a 21 year old male having no health complications in the past who suddenly fainted after a party. We took him to our GP for the check up. The GP found nothing wrong and advised rest. However, we went to the lab on our own and carried out CBC. WBC count was high in the first report - 11,300, lymphocytes 4,500, and RDW 16 which was indicated as high in the report.

The peripheral smear showed:

• RBC: Normocytic normochromic with mild anisocytosis.
  • WBC: Absolute lymphocytic leucocytosis.
  • Platelets: Adequate.

We then went for one more blood test in the following week. This time the WBC was 7100 and lymphocytes 5100.

The morphology report says:

• RBC: normocytic normochromic.
  • WBC: within normal limits.
  • Platelets: adequate on smear.
  • Impression: normal peripheral smear.
  • No hemoparasites seen.

The boy has lost some weight. A mild night sweat is there. Please guide us.