Q. I have loss of sexual energy and stamina. Do I need medications?

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

I am currently facing the problem of total loss in sexual energy and stamina. The body feels very tired and energy-less. Do I have to take some medicine for it? I have been watching lots of porn for years now but have stopped it. There is no stamina left. Is this something serious or I need some medications? My sexual performance has gone down considerably. Please help me overcome it as it has started to affect my personal life.

#

Yes, you need treatment for this but before that, you need to be evaluated by a doctor to find the cause of it. As medical conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, thyroid dysfunction and psychological conditions such as depression and anxiety can cause such symptoms. So these conditions need to be ruled out first. Watching porn does not cause such issues.

Secondly, do you face an erectile problem, poor desire, or premature ejaculation or all of them? I need clarification as your concern does not clarify it. I am offering you a free follow up for it.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Thanks for the reply. Well, I had my sugar and thyroid test done last week and they came normal. As far as depression and anxiety are concerned, yes I have been depressed for some time. But it is not permanent. There is no issue or problem of erectile problem, poor desire, or premature ejaculation.

#

If you are currently depressed, then your issue is probably due to depression. Then antidepressants such as SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) will helpful. These are prescription-only drugs.

Also, I would like to ask you what do you mean by less stamina, do you compare with porn? If yes, then you need to acquire proper sexual knowledge.

|