Q. I have low sex drive which tends to make me dry soon with no enjoyment in sex. Why?

Dr. Parth Nagda

I have experienced pain during penetration in the past, but for the past six months, sex has become such a painful experience for me. I no longer enjoy it and I have a nonexistent sex drive. I have no sex drive at all, and I no longer enjoy sex and it has become so painful. I also tend to dry out so quickly. My partner and I have tried lube but it does not help at all, I still experience pain.

Dr. Parth Nagda

Psychiatry
#

Having vaginismus is just like having any other medical problem. The only difference is not many people talk about vaginismus. Not able to have sex can be emotionally exhausting and mentally disturbing but the good thing is that it is a completely curable condition.

Treatment involves a combination of couple counseling, and pelvic floor physiotherapy which consists of a thorough pelvic floor examination along with complete objective history by certified pelvic floor physiotherapist following with some relaxation exercises (also called myofascial release) either with direct interaction or using vaginal dilators.

Physiotherapy increases the chances of success up to 98%. Patients mostly do not even need medication to treat this condition. Anxiety-relieving medicine may be prescribed for some, but only if required.

The primary treatment methods involve understanding the vagina and exploring it and slowly desensitizing it using vaginal dilators under the guidance of pelvic PT.

For partners of vaginismus patients, wise advice would be to be more supportive, communicative, and sensitive. One’s rock-solid support to their partner is crucial for the chance of a complete cure. Intimacy is important but there are many ways to express your love. Pleasure is not the result of just one move, take out the time to research, and learn about each other’s bodies. Love and support is the key in such times.

| 

There is incomplete penetration with pain. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I got married one month ago and since then we are trying to have sex. Me and my husband are both virgins. However, the first attempt did not succeed and with time we try more but until now every time he penetrates me I get pain and feel his penis is not entering fully like there are b...  Read Full »

How to treat vaginal dryness and pain following a UTI?

Query: Hi doctor, A few months ago, I was suffering from UTI and followed by vaginal dryness. Right now, I feel occasional sharp pain in my vagina, which subsides after a while. Also, I am getting pain during intercourse. I wanted to know the ways to treat this vaginal dryness. I had urine and culture t...  Read Full »

My problem is low sexual drive.Please help me overcome this.

Query: Hello, I am a 30 year old male, got married before 2 years. My problem is low sexual drive. Previously I used to masturbate a lot. But before 2 months I had quit these activities. Also I have strong erection in the beginning of the foreplay, but before penetration I will lose my erection. Because of...  Read Full »