Q. I have low sex drive with erectile dysfunction. How can I overcome it?

Dr. Aditya Gupta
Published on Jan 04, 2019

I am 37 years old male and for the last few months my sex drive is getting lower and currently, it is at its lowest. Moreover, I am also suffering from erectile dysfunction as well, which has never been a problem. I am living alone for the last four months and visit my family once a month. Kindly help me to overcome these issues.

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatry Sexology
#

Get done a blood test for serum testosterone levels both free and total, serum prolactin levels, FBS, lipid profile, TSH, early morning fasting sample is to be given.

I have done all the required tests this morning while fasting and the results are attached. In addition to the test results, I also want to bring in your knowledge that my gallbladder was removed almost two years ago as it had stones. I used to be a smoker but I have quit smoking for the last 18 months or so. Moreover, for the last 3 to 4 months, I have started HIIT (high-intensity interval training) for 30 minutes (3 to 4 days per week) and 30 minutes walk (3 to 4 days per week). I started intermittent fasting one month ago, where I was taking one meal a day and ate lot of vegetables, fats and proteins and completely avoided carbohydrates. This resulted in a weight loss of approximately 10 kg in the last month. All these positive changes have brought positive energy but have lowered my sex drive and now resulted in ED. Till the time, I was eating all junk, smoking and not working out, I was all fine as far as my sex drive and erection was concerned. I hope this additional information would help you in diagnosing the root cause of the said problem.

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatry Sexology
#

All your investigation reports are normal except for a little rise in cholesterol levels which is insignificant. It is not like that the positive changes you had brought in your life had created this situation. In fact, they shall boost your health in general and also help with positive sexual health. Psychosexual causation seems to be likely for your problem. Anxiety and stress further deteriorate the situation. So relax every problem has a solution you just need to try solving it. For this problem, you have to consult a psychiatrist in person for detailed evaluation and treatment. Sex therapy is generally used for treatment.

Do Levosulpiride and Flupenthixol cause low sex drive?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 39 years old. My weight is 73 kg. I have been taking L-Pride (Levosulpiride), Nuanxit (Flupenthixol), Rabefit (Rabeprazole) and Rabifast-DSR (Rabeprazole sodium and Domperidone) since last 15 days. After taking these medicines, I am experiencing low sex drive and problem in erection...  Read Full »

Please suggest some medicines for low sex drive.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I got married a year back. My problem is low sexual drive. Are there any safe medicines to induce sexual desire? Also, my penis is circumcised. So, my penile glans are dry and insensitive. Is there any topical cream available to increase the sensitivity of my ...  Read Full »

Is erectile dysfunction related to my thyroid disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 72-year-old male with a height of 5 feet 6 inches and a weight of 78 kg. I have been on Eltroxin 100 mcg and Amloz 5 mg for two years for hypothyroidism. I am feeling fatigued and have an intense appetite. I have lost fertility for the last one year. My ESR value is 41. I also ...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now