Q. I have a low vitamin D levels of 9 ng/mL. How long will it take to come back to normal levels?

Dr. Utkarsh Sharma
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 29, 2021 and last reviewed on: Sep 30, 2021

Recently, I found that I have a vitamin D deficiency. I have a level of 9 ng/mL. How long will it take to come back to normal levels? I am taking medicines for a month. But still, I have a weird body pain with pins and needles. I have a burning sensation in my body and I feel tired. My B12 and folate levels are good.

#

I understand your concern. Vitamin D deficiency is a common condition to occur as we have a limited exposure to sunlight. Vitamin D is formed in the skin by the action of sunlight. I suggest you take a course of Cholecalciferol sachet or capsule 60000 IU once a week for eight weeks with milk. You can have a possibility of having deficiencies of B1 and B5. You can take a one month course of mulitvitamin and mineral complex. You can take green leafy vegetables and dairy products like milk. If you are drinking alcohol, kindly reduce it. Intake of alcohol can cause diuresis and leads to urinary loss of water soluble vitamins like vitamin C and B complex.

|