Q. My ultrasound was normal, but I have excruciating lower abdominal pain. Why?

I am a 38 year old woman. I have been having excruciating pain in my right abdominal area, below my right breast. The pain travels to my back and gets unbearable at times. I have been throwing up today, and my temperature is low since the past five days. This has been going on for a month and a half now, with the frequency and the pain becoming more severe.  I also had night sweats, but that is usually when my temperature is low. The urine, blood test, and ultrasound of gallbladder, all came back normal. Currently, I am taking Citalopram and Prilosec tablets. I am in a lot of pain. Please help.

#

• This lower abdominal pain might me due to acalculous cholecystitis, which means gall bladder dysfunction and pain without gallbladder stones. The test of choice is a HIDA (hepatobiliary iminodiacetic acid) scan since the ultrasounds are usually normal and may not show much.
  • It can also be a duodenal ulcer, for which you would need an endoscopy.
  • You are acutely sick and may be dehydrated, that is causing low temperature and cold chills.
  • Please go to the nearest emergency room and feel free to share my recommendations with them if it can help you.

Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Having abdominal pain and bloated feeling for five months. Could this be due to colon cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had abdominal pain for five months. It is mainly under the right side ribs along the right flank. I also have some pain on the left. I feel gassy and bloated. The stomach makes some crazy noises. I was constipated for a few months, but now I have constant diarrhea. I am going to ...  Read Full »

How can I reduce chest and abdominal pain due to stomach ulcer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old male. I have chest pain, abdominal pain from the last two months. Recently, I visited a gastroenterologist. He tested endoscopy, RUT and vitamin D. I have a small ulcer in the stomach, RUT test is also positive because of H.Pylori bacterial infection and vitamin D is be...  Read Full »

Can fasting lead to high RBC count?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a blood test done two months back and my RBC was 6.0, hemoglobin 17.2, and hematocrit 51, which were all high especially RBC. The blood test was in the morning and I had not eaten or drunk for eight hours before. I am an 18-year-old 130 lb male, and I was wondering if the blood ...  Read Full »