Q. Please suggest some back support belt and medication for lumbago.

Dr. Atul Prakash
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2019

I am 25 years old and working in the army. I have acute lumbago. The day before yesterday, I had a sudden jerk while playing and continued getting extremely painful spasms that night. I was given covering injections, and the spasms subsided. The pain is still there, and I want to get rid of this. Please suggest me some back support belt and medication.

#

• There is usually no belt that will help for lumbago (low back pain) unless you are having painful spasms as that will limit movements. So, if your spasms have stopped, then no need for a belt.
  • I suggest you take regular NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) like Voveran SR 75 (Diclofenac sodium) twice a day for seven days and also take Ultracet (Tramadol and Acetaminophen) for severe pain.
  • Try icing the area of pain during the day and at night try a warm moist soak. Once the pain settles for a week to two, you should do regular core strengthening exercises to avoid a similar occurrence in the future.
  • Keep your hamstrings from tightening up. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

For further information consult a spine health specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/spine-health-specialist

|