Q. What could cause lumps in the inner mouth?

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

I appear to have two bumps on the left side of the inner side of the mouth. Two weeks ago, my lips cracked, which led to a sore mouth. Then one day, I noticed my uvula was inflamed. It started to go down after a day. All these symptoms are starting to ease. However, I notice two lumps inside my mouth are still present. One I can feel with my tongue, but both are not painful.

Can you please help me, doctor?

#

According to the surface, color, and size of these lumps, they look like a simple growth. These can be retention cysts or residual inflammation, but these do not look like anything serious. Did you have any unprotected or unsafe sex relations before the beginning of the symptoms?

Thanks for your response.

No, I am living with my partner, and we have a nearly 13-week-old baby. We do have sex, but it has been protected. Thank you for addressing my concerns. How long should I expect these growths to stay?

#

It depends. It may take days, sometimes months. You just need to follow it up for any changes in shape and color. Do not check it daily to avoid anxiety. Check it once monthly.

|