Q. Kindly clarify my CT scan reports of lung nodule.

Dr. Vivek Chail
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 09, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 04, 2020

For lung nodules, in the last three years, I had three scans with different radiologists. I would like to get it checked by one radiologist for any actual growth or changes that would indicate cancer. Does the lung nodule getting bigger? Due to my low platelet count, a lung biopsy is more dangerous for me than for a normal person. Kindly help.

#

• Generally, lung nodule (small tissue like growth) is suspected to be a cancer if it doubles in size between 1 and 18 months.
  • As per CT scan done before four years, it measures approximately 2.0 x 1.5 cm (anteroposterior x transverse) with a calcification in it.
  • As per CT scan taken last year, it measures the same as in CT before four years with no significant change in appearance.
  • The CT scan done now too measures the same as before four years with no significant change in appearance.
  • Therefore, there is no change in size and appearance from the previous history. So, it cannot be a malignancy. There is no need for a lung biopsy.

For further information consult a radiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/radiologist

|