Q. I masturbate only by rubbing the tip of the penis. Is it a wrong way?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
Published on Sep 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 28, 2019

During masturbation I just rub the tip of the penis and not the entire penis. Is it a wrong way of doing? I do not get excited during sex and unable to ejaculate. Only, rubbing the tip of the penis gives me excitement. Also, two weeks ago, I have undergone circumcision as my foreskin did not retract. Before circumcision too, I have the same problem. Please help.

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Andrology Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

• The tip is the most sensitive part of the penis, hence gives most excitement. There is nothing wrong in rubbing the tip during masturbation.
  • You have gone circumcision two weeks back, so you should avoid masturbation for another 7 to 10 days.
  • If you are unable to ejaculate, then it may be due to stress. But, to exclude physical cause you need to do blood tests Hb (hemoglobin), TC (total count), DC (differential count), postprandial sugar, prolactin, TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) and testosterone.

For further doubts consult a sexologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

My TSH is 5.4, little above normal and testosterone is 4.24. I took testosterone injections, but sperm motility decreased. So, my doctor asked me to stop the injections. Other parameters are normal. I do not feel excited with my wife. But, I somehow get arousal by masturbation and do sex. Is there any other way to get ejaculation during sex as I am planning for a baby?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

#

• Do other tests too. You can use a vibrator or keep the tip of the penis inside the vagina and masturbate the shaft.
  • As you do not feel excited with your wife, there is some psychological issue. Try to masturbate with your wife's help to desensitize from psychological inhibition.

For further doubts consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

From the attached reports, please tell me the reason for frequent urination.

Query: Hello doctor, From the past few days, I have frequent urination. I am attaching all the test reports that I have done so far. I also got an x-ray and CT scan of the chest, but as I am out, I cannot upload them now. I will upload them later if you need it.  Read Full »

My daughter has cough. Shall I give her Dexona?

Query: Hello doctor, My 5 year old daughter is suffering from a cough and mild fever for the last four days. Doctor prescribed with LCF Syrup and Azithral Syrup, but she is still coughing. Today, when she was sleeping, we heard cracking and wheezing sound and difficulty in breathing. Shall I give her Dexon...  Read Full »

Will increased TSH level harm the baby's brain growth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. My height is 5'1" and weight is 52.4. I am 20 weeks pregnant now. I underwent a surgery for complete thyroidectomy and I am taking Thyroxin 100 mcg regularly. In my first trimester, the TSH level was 0.31 and the doctor advised me to continue the same dosage of medici...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now