Q. Why does my foreskin remain retracted permanently after masturbation?

Dr. C Sharath Kumar
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 28, 2021 and last reviewed on: Aug 19, 2021

Why my penis foreskin remains open permanently with masturbation? I have some black spots on my penis head without pain. How to stop doing masturbation?

#

Masturbation is a process where a person gets sexual pleasure and satisfaction by stroking or rubbing his or her genitals by using their hands manually or using sex toys. It is normally done while they are single but it is also done in relationships to get orgasm and sexual arousal. It is a normal biological activity of humans that does not have any harmful physical and emotional effects.

There are some myths about masturbation and they are not true. They are considered taboo. Masturbation can minimize sexual performance and libido and causes erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation in the future. It can reduce the quality and quantity of semen. It can make semen thin and watery. Masturbation can cause blindness, mental illness, infertility, and hair loss.

There are some benefits of masturbation. It reduces premature ejaculation and reduces the risk of having prostate cancer. It prevents the spread of STD (sexually transmitted infections), HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), and COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019). It makes the pelvic muscle stronger to prevent having erectile dysfunction. It improves sperm quality and motility. It reduces nasal congestion during cold and flu. It reduces stress and depression by enhancing mood. It helps to have good sleep in insomnia patients. It creates awareness regarding sexuality and enhances the immune system. It helps to have a satisfying sexual desire and strengthens relationships. Controlled masturbation will not affect height.

There are some harmful effects of masturbation. Excessive masturbation can affect parasympathetic nervous functions resulting in the overproduction of sex hormones and neurotransmitters. They can cause side effects like fatigue, memory loss, hair loss, groin pain, and blurred vision. Excessive masturbation can cause obsessive-compulsive behavior like addiction to masturbation. It can cause bruises if they are stroked too vigorously. It can cause hardening of penis skin and desensitizied penis skin. Excessive masturbation can cause seminal leakage.

To overcome the adverse effects of masturbation, it can be treated by following certain measures. You can stop or reduce the frequency of masturbation. You can do yoga, meditation, and exercise. You can eat more vegetables and fruits.

|