Addiction

What are the signs of addiction to Gutka in a 1-year-old?

Query: My baby is one year old, i dought that he is getting addicted to the smell of "gutka" intaken by one of my relatives and he takes my baby everyday. He is 70 year's old, whenever my baby sees him my baby gets crazy and after going to him baby never wants to come back easily even to his mother. Plz he...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, The very first thing , confirm whether your relative is giving 'Gutka' to your baby also ? What kind of Gutka he is taking ? Baby may get addiction if he has got the taste of it and started taking it orally. Addiction with smell is difficult to comment on. Possibility of a normal preference ...  Read Full »

Can Cannabis increase the risk of cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, When I was in my late teens, I was engaged in a lot of high cancer risk activities. The one I have been most worried about was using Cannabis. The Cannabis itself does not worry me too much. Although, we occasionally had access to papers being teens and also not the smartest we inevita...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Mittal

Child Health Specialist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Teens at that age indulge in many experimental things. I am not surprised at what you did. The question is whether your indulgence has put you at more risk of cancer? The answer is we do not now. With the available evidence we know smoking increases the chance of cancer. ...  Read Full »

If heroin-positive menses blood is mixed with urine, will drug test be negative?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is currently in recovery from heroin and my husband and I believe she is using it again. We check her UA's at home and mail the findings to a lab. We suspect that she is giving us her friend’s urine. However, I know that today she began her menses and the urine she gav...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ideally, both the urine and blood screens come positive. For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician  Read Full »

I am addicted to masturbation and porn. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 17-year-old male. I have been masturbating for three to four years. I am too much addicted to this habit and porn. I cannot remember how many times I do it a day. It has ruined my life. I was a topper in studies, with good physical and mental fitness three years ago. But now my...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is not an issue that you can feel comfortable by sharing with someone else. For porn addiction, or any other addiction, please work cyclically. If we want to come out of it, then we need to break the cycle. For example, have a count of how many hours in a day, a...  Read Full »

Please suggest ayurvedic medication for infection resistant to antibiotics.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old male. I was addicted to cold drinks which had been getting me sick (catching a cold) over the past nine years. Doctors treated me with antibiotics such as Amoxicillin, Cloxacillin, Moxifloxacin, Cefpodoxime, Azithromycin, andSporidex which worked very well many ti...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajith Kumar K N

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can try the following ayurvedic medicines: OCEM-5 drops (Richfield international) - two drops in a glass of lukewarm water twice a day. Indukantham kashayam - 15 mL+50 mL boiled and cooled water twice a day half hour before food. Haridra Khanda churna - one tea...  Read Full »

I feel dizzy when I work on computer, smartphone or TV. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, My problem is that I am really suffering a lot from computer, smartphone, television, etc. They make me feel very dizzy, headache, etc., and these feelings do not disappear until I sleep. After I wake up, I feel like my head is going to explode from headache. But, after some 20 minutes...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query and happy to assist you today. It is definitely due to the overuse of the gadgets. You have tried all the things that one can combine along with the same routine of usage and exposure. But, you still have some issue. The best next step is abstin...  Read Full »

How can I control the habit of excessive masturbation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old male. I am suffering from excessive masturbation problem for the past three years. I have the habit of masturbation for the past six years. I am worried. I think I need to undergo counseling sessions to control it. Now, I masturbate at least once daily. Without doing ...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sex thoughts, sex addiction, masturbation addiction, and porn films addiction come under behavior addiction. Behavioral addiction is a form of addiction that involves a compulsion to engage in a rewarding non-drug-related behavior. Sometimes it is called as a natural re...  Read Full »

Please help me understand a bipolar with a strip club addiction.

Query: Hello doctor, I am trying to understand a bipolar with a massive strip club addiction. He is in debt, it is ruining his life and every relationship. He lies about it and his debt to everyone. They call and text him. What is in it for him? Is it just sexual impulse, is it for attention or contr...  Read Full »

Dr. Akanksha Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you seem to be concerned about this guy. Let us name him Mr.X. As you mentioned in the treatment history, he has been diagnosed with bipolar illness type 1, with a few episodes having psychotic features. Let me tell you, it is reall...  Read Full »

I have resorted to drinking after my father's death. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 25 year old guy. I am working in a private company although my dream is to work in government sector. I have that caliber which I know and I believe I can, but the problem with me is nowadays, I take everything for granted. I lost my father three years back. Till then, everything...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your problem and understand your concern. It is clear that after the death of your father, you were not able to handle the pressure of responsibility and started drinking alcohol and spending excessively. As you are regularly drinking for the las...  Read Full »

I masturbate daily. Is it safe?

Query: Hello Doctor,  I masturbate daily.  Is it safe ? Will it cause any problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Velusamy M.p

Family Physician, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com    Masturbation is absolutely safe.    Other than giving pleasure it also helps in relieving stress.    It depends on the number of times you do it. The reason is that it should not become an addiction.    Once you are addicted, psychological intervention might b...  Read Full »