Q. Why is my face darker than my body?

Dr. Zubayeralam

I am a 37 years old female. My face color is getting darker than my body color. I am also getting small black dots in my face, and the face has very inhomogenous skin texture. I am also too much worried about my eye area. I tried so many things, but I am not getting any results. Kindly suggest which products I should choose and the daily skincare regimen to follow to make my skin healthy, glowing, and youthful. I came to you with great hope. Kindly help me. I have combination skin.

#

Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, your face is darker than your body, and you also have small black dots on your face.

Hyperpigmentation or patches of discoloration of the skin may result from melasma. Due to excess melanin secretion, excessive sun exposure, hormonal changes, a rare endocrine disorder like Addison's disease, acne scars, porphyria (porphyrins buildup in the liver, and move into the bloodstream, making their way to the skin), etc.

Treatment depends on the cause. It would help if you underwent some investigations like CBC (complete blood count), thyroid function tests, serum ACTH (adrenocorticotropic hormone) stimulation test, serum cortisol, blood, urine, or stool test for porphobilinogen, RBC, etc. Through which we can detect the underlying cause for your present sufferings and then treat them accordingly.

In the meantime, you can use the medications as follows:

1. Emma Cardinelli (Glycolic acid) Skin Care Dark spot lightening cream, apply locally twice daily in the evening and at night.

2. Dermicort (Hydrocortisone) cream 1 % apply locally twice daily.

3. Cevite 500 mg (Ascorbic acid) during the day.

In case of any other query, knock me, and I will try to reply to you further.

|