Q. I have ear pain when I open my mouth. What might help?

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu
Published on Jun 21, 2018

I am not fat, but my body gets really warm sometimes especially when I sleep, which makes me uncomfortable. So, what might be the reason?Secondly, I get pain near my left ear when I open my mouth. Three weeks ago, the pain went after four days (it started and ended when I woke up after sleep). Again, the same pain came this week, but this time on the right side. Lately, I found my both hand fingers are shivering sometimes but most of the time, I have that feeling even if they do not. Why?

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

#

Are you suffering from an allergy?

If the ear pain is arising during the opening of the mouth at ear area it may be arising from temporomandibular joint. Middle ear infection or eustachian tube block may also give rise to pain in the ear. But in your history, you did not mention clogged ears.

Tremors may be due to some decongestant drugs or beta agonists or it may be due to familial tremors. Avoid cool drinks and cold water, avoid allergens. Use water vapor inhalation.

I suggest taking tablet Alday-DC (Cetirizine) twice a day for five days.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

If symptoms not improved, please consult your ENT specialist. He will examine and treat you accordingly.

Take care.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Why is there severe pain and hearing loss after ear pricking?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from severe ear pain in my left ear. Today is the third day and I cannot hear properly. It resulted due to pricking my ear.  Read Full >>

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After reading what your complaints are, I think two possibilities are there which can lead to the symptoms you are perceiving. It could be that you already had an underlying infection of the middle ear which can lead to an earache and pricking was incidental or that fid...  Read Full

What should be done if there is viscous fluid discharge from ears?

Query: Dear doctor, I am a 19 year old male. Some type of viscous liquid comes out of my ears and when it dries up, it hardens. Please help me.  Read Full >>

Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Viscous fluid coming out of ears indicates a middle ear infection. It has to be attended to immediately to avoid damage to the ear. I request you to meet an ENT specialist at the earliest to prevent further damage. In the meantime, you can take tablet Levocetirizine 1...  Read Full

I have ear pain after removing ear wax. Is it serious?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from ear pain for the last two days and it has become really serious now. The entire right side of my face has gone numb and I am not able to hear properly in my right ear. I can listen to some hissing sound. I remember cleaning my ear with my fingers and tried to...  Read Full >>

Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your symptoms and history of ear cleaning, it is suggestive of otitis externa with ear wax. Do not worry too much. It is a soft tissue infection of your ear canal most probably due to finger nail trauma. You need to take some medication and precautions and it ...  Read Full