Q. I get acid reflux and headaches when I eat certain food items. Why?

Dr. Nitin Dongre
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 09, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 12, 2020

i am not able to eat chocolate,tea,coffee sour items,citrus fruits,sweet items.i am getting the migraine on top of the head . is it any a id reflux on head.gerenally acid reflux comes in stomatch.i am getting pain on top of the head after eating the above foods.is required any tablet for solve the problem.please give me solution

#

Dear sir A very good morning welcome to icliniq portal

Dear sir the food which trigger your headache is know to cause Migraine and it should not be taken , Migraine is type of headache which also causes Vomiting to the patients , but that doesn't meen you never be able to eat it so you should take The Medicines for that and just continue the Medicines forlittile longer time dont stop it if you feel relived avoid trigers which causing headache to you like food you had mentioned, Bright light please follow the instructions

Food Like citrus food, chockolets, sweets, bright lights, stress,

Nil

Migraine, cluster headache

Migrain

Tab Naprocyn 500 mg twice a day
Tab Ciplar LA 40 mg twice a day
Tab Topiramate 25 mg at night

Avoid food that causes headache, Bright light , stress

after 10 days

| 

Can severe acid reflux turn my teeth translucent, and cause gums to recede?

Query: Hi doctor, Lately, I noticed that my teeth are not the best looking. I had acid reflux. I looked up a lot of stuff about acid in the mouth, and looking at my teeth I think this is what is happening. My teeth started turning translucent two weeks ago. When I looked it up, it said that it could occur...  Read Full »

What ingredients or products can trigger migraines?

Query: Hello doctor, What ingredients or products can trigger migraines, and why this is the case? Some common foods or ingredients I have heard of are alcohol, aged cheese, chocolate, nitrates, MSG, and artificial sweeteners. Is there any truth to these? Are there any substances in common household produ...  Read Full »

Other than acid reflux, what can cause inflammation and irritation of throat?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been having some issues with my throat and esophagus. I have seen an ENT specialist and he said that I had a lot of inflammation in my esophagus, but did not seem to say anything else other than it may be the acid reflux. But, the way I feel and a lot of the other symptoms that have...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask an Allergy Specialist Now