Q. What is the treatment for moles under the nails?

I have moles under the nails of each of my big toes. They appeared over the last months, but I do not remember exactly when. The one on my left toe is a round dot in addition to a diagonal line next to it and that goes to the right edge of my nail, while the one on my right toe is just a round dot. The nails themselves are also somewhat cracked and do not look good. I am wondering if there could be cause for concern. I am sending a photo of my toe. Please help me.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology
#

• Is there any pain? Any change in placement noticed as the nail grows?

Revert back with answers to the above questions to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

There is no pain. I have not been observing the nails at all. Unfortunately, I only vaguely noticed these spots and did not worry about them until I read about toenail melanomas on the internet recently.

#

• At this stage nothing is needed (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First of all you need to differentiate nevus with a similar entity of hematoma.
  • So, mark the outer edge of that black area of the nail with a shaving blade and observe it for a few weeks.
  • If the marked outer edge has moved beyond the outer edge of the black area, then it is nevus, otherwise it is a hematoma.
  • The principle is as nail grows hematoma will also move with it, but nevus will remain in the same position.
  • Secondly, you are suffering from onychomycosis. I suggest you to apply Amorolfine nail lacquer three times in a week.
  • Also, I suggest capsule Sporanox (Itraconazole) 100 mg twice daily for consecutive seven days in a month for three months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with their consent.
  • This is known as pulse dosing, taking medicine for 7 days and then a medicine free period of 21 days in a month.

For further information consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

What medicine can help itching in the thighs and underarms?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 57-year-old male. My weight is 75 kg. I am not having BP problems or diabetes. I am suffering from itching near the thighs and underarm area since last two months. I have taken Terbinafine 250 mg once daily and Luliconazole cream for six weeks. Since the last two to three days,...  Read Full »

How does a nevus look like?

Query: Hi doctor, When I go to sauna I do not have goggles on to protect my eyes. Then there is exposure to heat. I have attached my reports. I would like to know is it a nevus? Should I worry about it? I appreciate your answers. Thanks.  Read Full »

What is the treatment for hematoma?

Query: Hi doctor,Before five months, I had surgery for thigh hematoma. Now, the same problem started again. It is increasing in size and painful. Also, there is swelling. Please see the photo attached here.  Read Full »