Q. Kindly review MRI taken for chronic shoulder pain.

Dr. Vivek Chail
Published on May 20, 2018

I have a chronic right shoulder pain, especially when lifting up an arm or moving arm sideways. I have discomfort when resting on my right side in bed. Also feeling a slightly loose shoulder or detached arm when rotating the arm, and the occasional feeling of nerve pinching, although no paralyzing pain. I would appreciate if you could kindly review my right shoulder MRI images, for a second opinion. I have had this issue for many years, but it appeared when exercising or under heavy restraint. Presently, it only takes a swift or unconscious movement or light load to feel discomfort. I have started with Aceclofenac 100 mg twice a day, one week ago, as per doctor´s advice, although he mentioned that it was not standard practice for chronic cases.

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

Your shoulder MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is not showing any serious concerns but there are some areas which might be causing mild pain and discomfort during movements. In the coronal images, there is likely early degenerative changes in the distal supraspinatus tendon which shows mild thinning of the muscle tendon. There is slightly decreased fat between the acromion and supraspinatus tendon and it can cause mild pain and discomfort with lifting the arm.

For more information consult a radiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/radiologist

I would like to get your remark on my MRI. Please comment.

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached my MRI scan report and I do like to get the remarks.  Read Full »

What is the solution for shoulder pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing pain on my right shoulder for a couple of weeks. I have the pain only when I move. When I raise my hands up and throwing anything overhead, I have the pain. The pain is at the front of my shoulder, and I can put the finger on the spot that is sore. I am taking Paracetam...  Read Full »

MRI shows 'intermediate signal intensity lesion in endometrial cavity.' What is it?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother aged 55 years got an MRI with an observation of 'intermediate signal intensity lesion noted in the endometrial cavity measuring 19x28x24, in the fundal body region with loss of endometrial interface. Tethering of sigmoid colon with distal ileal loops to the uterus in fundus re...  Read Full »

Ask a Radiologist Now