Q. What is the treatment for constant twitching of biceps?

Dr. Aida Quka
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on May 22, 2019 and last reviewed on: May 24, 2019

For almost two months, I am having widespread fasciculations. It started from my right arm and became widespread. After some time, I began to notice my right shoulder, and knee started to get fatigued quickly. I have visited my primary doctor so many times until I was given a referral for an EMG. My EMG test was clean, no form of denervation, and the neurologist diagnosed my fasciculations as benign. But now my muscle twitching is worse. Currently, I am getting constant twitching in my right biceps, and it occurs consistently without breaks. I have sleepless nights. Please help.

Dr. Aida Quka

Neurology
#

I reviewed, and I am glad to confirm that we can exclude any possible motor neuron disease, neuropathy, or muscle disorder. I would recommend checking vitamin D, plasma levels for possible deficiency, and thyroid hormone levels for possible thyroid gland dysfunction. Possible treatment options would be Clonazepam that helps to reduce muscle twitching and also calm down your anxiety. You should discuss with your doctor on the above tests and treatment option. I remain at your disposal for any further questions whenever you need.

I have numbing, tingling, and muscle twitching. What might help me?

Query: Hello doctor, About a month ago, I developed what I thought was a pinched nerve in my neck. I had numbing and tingling in my left arm and my hand would go numb while sleeping. However, over the next couple weeks the numbing, tingling, moved to my right arm then my legs and feet to include muscle tw...  Read Full »

Why am I having continuous twitching in biceps for a long period of time?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having continuous twitching in my right bicep where the tendon meets the elbow. This has been happening for last seven weeks and the vibration of the twitching when I am resting my elbow (say on a table while using a mouse) is quite large enough for my entire arm. I have no a...  Read Full »

What is the issue with my upper back?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from lower back pain for the past five months. After going through physiotherapy and other exercises, I feel better. Now, I have developed upper back and shoulder pain too. I think it is because of the exercise I did before. I have attached my MRI of lower back, C-spine...  Read Full »