Q. Why am I having right-sided muscle weakness?

Dr. Chitrangada

I am 22 years old. I had right-sided muscle weakness. It started with hands and feet pins and needles. Then neck tension and back tension. Had a brain MRI done. I have had a CT scan of brain two years ago which showed an osteoma in sinonasal which I think I can see on the MRI. Currently, I am taking Cephalexin.

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

Your MRI shows normal brain parenchyma (attachment remove to protect patient identity). No ischemic areas or focal lesions are seen. The MRI angiogram shows normal vascular anatomy. No focal narrowing or stenosis is seen. However, mild mucosal thickening is seen in bilateral maxillary sinuses concerning for mild sinusitis. An osteoma would not cause you these symptoms. Take care.

For more information consult a radiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/radiologist

| 

Thank you for the detailed response and examination of my MRI. One last question, could you identify the osteoma shown in my MRI in the sinonasal region? Does it indeed still look harmless. It was originally described as a well-circumscribed sclerotic 8 mm lesion.

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

The tiny sinonasal osteoma is still seen but looks harmless as it is not destructing its surrounding structures. You need not worry about it.

| 

Are there any tests available to check pelvic muscle weakness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from pelvic muscle weakness. I want to know is there any blood tests or any other diagnosis.  Read Full »

MRI shows 'intermediate signal intensity lesion in endometrial cavity.' What is it?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother aged 55 years got an MRI with an observation of 'intermediate signal intensity lesion noted in the endometrial cavity measuring 19x28x24, in the fundal body region with loss of endometrial interface. Tethering of sigmoid colon with distal ileal loops to the uterus in fundus re...  Read Full »

I have sinusitis and feel like something is stuck in my neck. What can be done?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got chronic sinusitis diagnosed by ENT doctor. I am suffering from difficulties of swelling for months, feel like something is stuck in my neck like sputum or something else that is moving up and down, especially while eating or having flu. Do you think it is related to ENT or I h...  Read Full »

Ask a Radiologist Now