Q. Scan shows endometrial polyp and post wall intramural fibroid. Please advice.

Dr. Uzma Arqam
Published on Apr 29, 2018

I am 37 years old female, anxious to conceive, with premature ovarian failure, and had left ovary removed (for torsion). Recently, scan found endometrial polyp and post wall intramural fibroid (4.9 cm) pushing endometrium anteriorly. I request for an opinion about the need for laparoscopic myomectomy before IVF.

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It would be nice to have a complete menstrual, medical, drug, and gynecology history of yours. In cases of infertility and recurrent miscarriages, myomectomy is considered a last resort treatment, either hysteroscopic resection or myomectomy. In case of endometrium pushing fibroid and polyp better to remove before IVF (in vitro fertilization).

Radiologically controlled uterine artery embolization is also an option for symptomatic fibroids in those who do not want to have a pregnancy. Rarely complications are observed in simple myomectomy and polypectomy. As age and multiple factors can be the cause of infertility and favorable planning for IVF, it is better to have myomectomy and polypectomy to increase chances of success of IVF.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Can uterine fibroid be cured without surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 49 year old female, and I have a uterine fibroid. I have heavy bleeding from two or three months. What to do? What medicines can I take? Is it curable without surgery? Please advise. I am taking Kanchanar Guggulu from ten days.  Read Full »

In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)

Article Overview: In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a type of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART), which is used to treat infertility. In IVF, mature eggs are retrieved from the ovaries, and these eggs are fertilized by sperms in a lab to form embryos. The embryos are then implanted in the uterus.  Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan
Infertility Specialist

Overview of IVF In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a type of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART), which is used to treat infertility. In IVF, mature eggs are retrieved from the ovaries, and these eggs are fertilized by sperms in a lab to form embryos. The embryos are then implanted in the uterus. T...  Read Article

What are my options after failed IVF?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old married female. I got married five years back and we have no child. I started my fertility treatment four years ago. At first, I was treated for ectopic pregnancy and my right fallopian tube was removed. Again, I was diagnosed with tuberculosis and was treated for s...  Read Full »