Q. Scan shows endometrial polyp and post wall intramural fibroid. Please advice.

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I am 37 years old female, anxious to conceive, with premature ovarian failure, and had left ovary removed (for torsion). Recently, scan found endometrial polyp and post wall intramural fibroid (4.9 cm) pushing endometrium anteriorly. I request for an opinion about the need for laparoscopic myomectomy before IVF.

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It would be nice to have a complete menstrual, medical, drug, and gynecology history of yours. In cases of infertility and recurrent miscarriages, myomectomy is considered a last resort treatment, either hysteroscopic resection or myomectomy. In case of endometrium pushing fibroid and polyp better to remove before IVF (in vitro fertilization).

Radiologically controlled uterine artery embolization is also an option for symptomatic fibroids in those who do not want to have a pregnancy. Rarely complications are observed in simple myomectomy and polypectomy. As age and multiple factors can be the cause of infertility and favorable planning for IVF, it is better to have myomectomy and polypectomy to increase chances of success of IVF.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|