Q. I have short sight and wearing glass for a long period without improvement. Please suggest solution.

Dr. Dada Peer K

I am a 25-year-old male. I have short sight and cannot see long-distance, letters, or things. My eyesight power is -2 and -1.75. I am wearing eye glass from 3 years of age but there is no improvement in my eye problem, that is why I am not interested to wear glass. I am a computer worker. Please give me some solution.

Dr. Dada Peer K

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I reviewed your history. You are having myopia of -2 and -1.75 refractive power. This requires correction by the use of spectacles. The use of spectacles will not lead to the improvement of eyesight and reduction of refractive power, but it prevents further increase in refractive power. Since you are a computer worker you need to use spectacles to prevent eye strain.

If you still have eye strain it can be because of dryness of the eye caused by the constant use of the computer, and can be treated by use of artificial tears eye drops. The other thing to be considered is an improper correction of refractive error and you need to undergo refraction and correction. If you do not want to wear spectacles you can go for contact lenses, or for refractive laser surgery like lasik.

|